June 16, 2009

Unfortunately short post

I've been having trouble finding a good time to post. This is really getting frustrating. I believe I will have to start posting when I first get up. Which is around 5 am. Anyways, what's been going on in the world of Lee and Loren; I finished the dress, and managed to avoid touching the zipper-it looked great when she tried it on, so that was a relief. The ring stacker was a learning activity. I learned that the difference between iron on and sew in interfacing is that when you try to sew in iron on, it's extremely slick. And even if you take the time to pin it, a lot, it will manage to move. a lot. I really thought I had just become incompetent until one day as I was moving the fabric I noticed the telltale little bumps, indicating iron on interfacing. And, believe it or not, I actually agonized over whether or not to just iron in it or cut and use the sew in. In the end, ring stacker #1 has iron on interfacing, we'll see what the difference is with sew in interfacing with ring stacker #2. My next project was going to be stuffed dinosaurs that you can dress up. This idea comes from combining my little lady's two favorite things-dinosaurs and dress up. I have a great name for them; Dress-Up Dinos. Start off with a Triceratops and a Brontosaurus-think I'll call them Trisha and Betty. You may have noticed that I used past tense. We have a big family drive to Georgia coming up, and in this caravan we'll have two 1yr olds, two 3 yr olds, one 41/2 yr old, one 8 yr old, and one 12 yr old. This is my target market, so I thought I'd get some stuff done that they can play with in the car. I thought they could give me feedback, and so could the adults driving the cars. The trip is 4th of July weekend, so I don't know how much I'll get done, but hey, ambition is a good thing, right? And now, I have to go, b/c children will be getting up, and I want to get some sewing in. Happy Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment