November 14, 2010

Lord Of The Rings Costumes

You are your own worst critic.

So true.  My mom has always been very critical of her work.  It used to get on my nerves, b/c her work is so amazing, why can't she see it?  And now, I understand.  When you start a project, you have a vision in your mind of what it will look like when it's finished. 
 And usually it's a vision of the perfect finished project.  Really, how often do we start out saying, "I'm going for mediocre here"?  So, once finished, we inspect our work, and no matter how wonderful it is, it rarely exactly matches up with the vision we started out with.  Which is why my mom would respond with a "Thank you, it's just not quite the way I wanted it."  She can see all the things that aren't the way she wanted it-whether or not anyone else can.  And now I'm the same way. 
If I had two or three months to work on these dresses I would maybe have ended up with exactly what I had envisioned.  However, I had a couple of weeks to make them.  They did turn out very nicely, however, I still wish I had had more time to tweak them.  It helps that the girls wearing them are beautiful.  And tall.  Obnoxiously so. 
Happy Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment