November 9, 2010

Here's what I've been doing in my absence

Of course, as usual, I had every intention of updating, b/c there are plenty of people who would like to know what I'm doing.  However, I took on way to much and had to give up all sorts of time consuming(but unnecessary) things, like grocery shopping, cleaning, showering, blogging, etc.  It started out making stuff for school and a Bazaar happening the day after Black Friday. 

Then I added a Dorothy costume for one of E's friends, as well as E & A's Halloween costumes.  After that my little sister, The Nurse, set her wedding date for Oct 30, this year.  The Quilter took on making the 3 Bridesmaid dresses, and since I have a gathering foot, I took on making the 6(later changed to 4) Flowergirl tutus. 
That's alot to do, right?  Well then two girls that babysit for me asked me to make them Lord of the Rings dresses for Halloween.  In the midst of all this I added a serger to my arsenal, as well as a new/used sewing machine.  I did get the costumes(except for A's) and flower girl outfits finished on time, but it was a challenge.  A challenge I hope I never forget when accepting projects.  Have lots to get done for the Bazaar, and I still haven't given up my goal of a totally handmade Christmas, so we'll see how I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment