December 1, 2009

Pardon my absence, but

I've been busy.


Mostly working hard sewing, sticking myself with pins, designing, sticking myself with pins, sewing, and occasionally, sticking myself with pins. There were several big obstacles in the last month. Very few of them were from me. I don't know that it would have mattered had I written about them. I had been trying to get ready for two craft shows, a week apart. I'll just tell you the big ones. Three days before the first show, and one week after getting my sewing machine fixed, E poured fabric glue all over my machine. Most of the glue ran down the thread and onto the needle. It did not, however, go down into the bobbin. At that point, I sat down and cried. And I mean that literally. In the time in between the two craft shows, DH got hurt pretty badly at work, and is home until further notice. It could have been much worse, he could have needed surgery or a hospital stay, I'm thankful he's doing so well now.




I can't work in clutter and mess. Which is why I'm taking the time now to write this post. I have no-where to put all this until I get some shelves put up in the closet. I have to say, I've learned a lot about situations where this is waiting on that which is waiting on this, which is waiting on that. It's not fun, but I'm learning to deal.
I've moved in and out of my sewing room at least twice, in anticipation of the carpet leaving and the laminate hardwood arriving. However, we first had to have a crack in the foundation fixed. Then DH got hurt, and our flooring guy, my Dad, has to wait for him to be better before he can lay the new floors. Ugh.





Anyways, I'm now in preparation for Craft Show #3. Which I know is insane, and I have no explanation for it either. Show #1 went okay. It was well organised and set up, and there was a lot of traffic, but people weren't buying. Most everyone was rather slow(even with a door tally close to 1,000, so we got to talking, and not many people were able to cover their booth fee. Some people who had done this particular show before said it had never been like this before. I was able to cover my expenses but not much more than that. Show #2 was a great success for my Mom, and her paper crafts/scrap booking. A longtime friend, MiSpring, came and bought a few things from me, however, I consider her to be family, therefore, MiSpring love is the same as Mom love, it doesn't count. The upside is that I had no business cards left at the end of the day, and there was a lot of interest in my tent.


Which brings me to the most exciting news-



Lee & Loren Etsy shop is now Open For Business! I didn't know if I'd be ready, and in truth, I've still got so much work to do, but we're started. I have to find a banner, or someone to make a banner, and oh, so much more, but it's exciting to be started. Time to get back to working through the piles and getting to sticking myself with pins, aka sewing. Happy Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment