March 8, 2010

I'm a working woman

Yes, I have work to do.  Tomorrow some friends are coming over to get pants hemmed(you know, I just realised, I'm really not sure how to spell that word correctly) and I think a shirt.  Which meant getting the last of the fabric stash put up.  That way, I can actually do the measuring in the sewing room, not the living room.  In addition, another friend has hired me to make a triangle fabric hanging basket for stuffed animals. It would probably be a good idea to get my sewing desk cleaned off to the point where I'm not sewing around things.  For the most part, my house is clean, rooms picked up, dusted and floors cleaned daily.  But lately I've not been able to keep the sewinga rea free of clutter to save anyone's life, including mine.   It would be such a pretty room if I did keep it picked up. The sewing room(play room if you ask E)is mostly finished, except for the last touches, such as curtains; and the chairs don't match anything in the room except each other. 
All of the kid stuff is coordinated. 
However, I'm having a horrible time picking fabric to make curtains with, recover my chairs, and I need a new ironing board cover-mine is sticky.  That's a story for another day.  When I feel like humilating myself.  Moving on.  There are plenty of beautiful fabrics out there, but what should I choose?  I'm not going to get to do this again anytime soon, so I've got to love whatever I pick.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'm open to them. Happy Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment