March 30, 2010

Stuffed animal hanging basket

Okay, so I've been gone awhile, and I didn't even take pictures of what I've been up to, not even finished projects, except for this one.  

A friend came to me and asked if I could make a hanging basket for her daughter's room.  We talked about sizes, and agreed that if it measured larger than 18" on the sides it would be to big, and become a catch all.  She didn't want netting b/c she was worried her little girl would hang things on the netting. Yay, use up some of my scrap fabric!  I have to say, this was alot harder than I thought it would be.  Mostly because how I planned it in my head was not physically possible in real life.  If you're interested, I'll post a tutorial on how to make one. 
Apparently, I'm going to be making one for E, although I have no clue where to hang it-we don't have enough open corners for things like this!

She was rather put out when I told her she had to take her stuffies out.  After I told her it was for her friend DD, she explained that she needed one too.  That had more rainbow in it.  Not sure how I'd pull that off, either.
Sorry this isn't so good, it was time to drop it off when I thought to take the pictures.  This is how I got a rectangle of fabric to go into a corner.  I got really frustrated with this part, because for some reason, the folds wouldn't line up evenly.  I finally sucked it up and tacked them in place.
I will admit, my eyelets were horribly ugly, but it had been awhile since I'd used the tool, so we'll blame faulty materials.  It's unfortunate that you can't take those out if you mess up.  It was an easy project, from start to finish less than a hour, well, maybe more if you count the time it took me to remember how the eyelet crimper thingy worked.  Oh, and lets all agree not to tell my husband about the nail holes I left in the wall.  (I wanted to be sure it would actually hang up)  Of course, to be absolutely sure he doesn't notice, I will have to remember to take the nails out of the wall.
Happy Thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! A friend of mine growing up had one, a net one, and I was always a little envious. She had a very cool room in general, really. I always wanted one but never got it. I think that one day I shall attempt to make one for my daughter...but she'll need her own room first. ;o)

    ReplyDelete