October 16, 2009

What's not going to happen-posting everyday

Not that I'm giving in, but I am noticing trends, and the things that get in the way. Blogging consistently is like working consistently, it has to be a part of the routine. Similar to work, I can't wait to do it only when both kids are napping. However, I feel more distanced from the kids when I'm on the computer than I do when I'm cutting patterns, sewing on the machine or designing. I could do it in the evenings when they are in bed, but the Hubby does not share well. At all, to be honest. You'd think he was raised an only child. So that leaves early mornings before everyone else gets up...but then, I have to get up...eeek. I'm thinking aloud here. I'll just have to make it a priority to get on the computer before the Hubby or the sweet lil' ones wake up. It's my only option. Another road block comes from a loss of routine. When I got back on the computer after my brief hiatus, I had a plan, and somehow, along the way, I ditched it. I don't think I realised it when it happened, only just in the last few days as I look at my To Do List, that has very few things checked off. When I have a pile of things to do, I don't set a done by date, I just order things by importance and work my way down the list. This is the same philosophy that has me refusing to have a"Schedule". A schedule sets you up for failure, simply because you can't predict what's going to happen. A routine lives off of the flow of your family, your life. I haven't been listening to the rhythm of my family, of my life, and that's why things have begun to go all helter skelter lately. It started off nicely, but I lost my focus somewhere, now I must get it back. That's where I'm off to now, time to journal my way back to my goals. Happy Thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment